Re:more MAP stuff

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 14:18:43 EST

This is starting to sound VERY interesting. Boy I wish I
had the time and equipment to play with this....

GS -

   Shane Moseley <smoseley@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> The VEC1 (viper mod) thingy looks promising. Next time I
get to ride in Mark's Pro Street Indy (the guy Miggity got the info
from) I'll try to get some with/without voltage and resistance
measurements so we can do some real engineering 8-).

Its interesting to note that the VEC viper mod connects to the MAP
sensor only (and pwr/gnd) but says it completely controls fuel delivery,

spark delivery (timing), as well as A/F ratio at any RPM. I'm not sure
about the last claim (make me a believer) but I assure you the first two

are indeed true as they are direct outputs in accel. enrichment modes of

the PCM. You would be surprised how much the MAP sensor affects them.
Remember what Bernd said about the massive advance he found?<<