Re: rubber flaps on '00

From: Miles Harris III (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 15:08:04 EST

After following this thread I decided to take a look under my hood to see
this rubber flap. In looking at my 01 CC, I'm assuming the flap we are
looking at is a molded piece of rubber that is mounted to the front of the
raditor support just to the left of the raditor. In my case it is covering
the A/C lines.

If I am correct this would be the item that Troy is missing and that Jay
suggest be removed. He also suggested removing the intake horn from the
airbox to allow for the colder air to get to the filter.

While I understand this logic (where the intake horn is pointed seems to be
a almost dead air space). Has anyone done this and what are the results?

Would it also make since to mount a duct of some type from the airbox to the
opening vacated by the rubber flap? A more direct way of getting cold air
into the engine.

Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA
01 CC Silver Sport, 2.5L, 5speed