Re: Tach problems

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 15:47:38 EST

At 07:14 PM 11/14/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a quick question. I brought my truck into the shop to fix my
>speedometer and tach, and I got it back today. Well, the speedo is
>fixed, but they couldn't find what was wrong with the tach. They said
>that they were getting a signal through it, and they resoldered the
>connections. My question is where is the pickup for the tach, what could
>cause it to sit on 0? The cable seems good, and the gage itself seems
>good, so where is the sensor for the rpm's. I'd greatly appreciate any
>suggestions. TIA. Matt 92 CC 3.9L auto 4x2

The tach signal comes from the coil. It should be one of the wires
in the bundle connected to it. I run an aftermarket tach as well
and take my signal from there.

Hope this helps.

Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95