Re: 46RE Shift Kit Advice needed ASAP

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 16:10:59 EST

In a message dated 11/15/00 1:00:15 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tigers@bserv.com writes:

> I recently crawled underneath and taken some readings from the tranny ports.
> Everything is fine except for the governor pressure solenoid reading. The
> Mopar Now mag. also says that there was also a known problem with the
> governor pressure sensor in the 42/44/45/46REs (first time that I have come
> across this!) I plan to replace both over the winter but will not know
> if the problem has been fixed under the track opens next year.
>
> I must say that others (on this and other lists) have written in to say
> that they have not had any problems with the TransGo kit.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
> '97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
> Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
> PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95

I think the govenor pressure solenoid is the root of my transmission failure,
so I'll tell the trans shop to replace it. What other sensors are there to
worry about? Did you install the kit yourself? Have you had to tweak it
since it's been in? How do you like it for daily driving? Too harsh? How
did you set it up? Sorry for the 400 questions but the truck goes in
tomorrow I think to get the trans! Thanks again!

Luke
BROKEN! Baked 3rd in trans
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!