RE: Need advice on buying new headers for the 360

From: Jack Yates (jack@blackdakrt.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 01:55:04 EST

Well my old MP headers are finally trashed on my 92. I need a serious set of
headers for my built 360. I will run dual exhaust from the collector back so
I don't care about y pipes. So what do you guys think? Who makes the best
header for max effort applications? Are any of them equal length? Does
anyone
run the Hooker super comps?(5008)Borla?Edelbrocks?Leach?
Tom(11s dak)

Tom, take a look at the Clear Image headers for the dak. You can check out
the website at
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/welcome.htm
The site lists the impala headers, but email Dan (the owner) to get all the
info on the Dak Headers. I've been runnin em for a few months now and am
VERY impressed. They are based directly upon the mopar header but are
improved upon 10 fold.(following is pulled from another message from Dave
S.) The major difference you'll notice is the flanges used are gasketless
ball sockets as compared to the standard 3bolt flanges which have a tendency
to leak. The Ypipe is a work of art.
Lemme know if you want some pics. I paid right about $650 for the
ceramicoated headers and Y pipe. (same price as coated mopar headers)

Later
Jack
http://blackdakrt.com