Re: 46RE Shift Kit Advice needed ASAP

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 04:45:57 EST

In a message dated Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:21:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Jon
Smith" <jon@fast4x4.net> writes:

<< Luke, can you expand a bit more on that please? What sort of wear?
_______________________
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto

Type F and FA has been proven to cause premature, clutch, band, servo bore,
and thrust bearing/washer wear, as well as accelerated pump wear, torque
convertor clutch, planetary (both in the main body and OD box) I'm not sure
how the fords get away with it but I used this in a 727 and with 20,000 miles
it was JUNK, the servo bores were wiped out, both bands were junk, the pump
bushing had eaten my convertor, and all the clutches were cooked, the weird
thing is that it still moved, there was almost NO friction material anywhere,
it did have a manual valve body, maybe the extra line pressure helped move it
with steel to steel in the clutch packs. Just figured I's share...

Luke