Yet another dealer delema

From: Tom (Kaboinga@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 06:45:26 EST

When I was repairing the steering rack and break line damage on my 89
from the wreck, I had to remove the rubber wheel well splash guards. I
didn't save them because they had been torn and damaged some way
previously. Now that the weather is getting cold and snow is starting to
appear (damned weather changes)... I wanted to get those splash guards
back in place. I had been putting off replacing them. I called a dealer
(that I visit usually to drool over trucks I cant afford). After a few
minutes of trying to explain to the guy exactly what part I needed... he
said oh sure - we have those... I asked him how much he said a few
bucks. I went in later and a guy there told me, after looking it up on
the computer, that these parts would cost $74 a PIECE!. Well I walked
out of there without the parts and ticked off. I decided to try another
dealer - I couldn't believe that they would charge that much! Low and
behold - I went to another dealer and paid $30 for one side and $24 for
the other side. I am picking them up later today. I also plan on going
back and bitching to the first dealer about this. I'm in the wrong line
of work! I should be a parts supplier and get loaded rich!

Tom
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine
1989,V6,Auto,8 footer