RE: Yet another dealer delema

From: Kenneth Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 09:18:34 EST

Sorry to hear about that Tom.

It does really suck, but there is one thing you need to keep in mind. These
guys don't buy dealership licenses to sell cars, they want the parts and
service department. I've got a friend of mine who's wife is an accountant
for a local ferd dealer. She was telling me that the owner pushes the sales
manager to stay just above breaking even so the new car owners feel they got
a good deal and will feel a sense of loyalaty when it comes time to get the
vehicle serviced. Oh and lets not forget all the money they make every time
Ferd has a recall. Can you say Cha Ching!!!!!

My advice is, when you need to get a part call several dealerships if they
are all easy to get to. If that don't work, visit your local pick-a-part.

Later
Kenneth