New To List, Possible Timing Problem

From: Andrew Dennis (mrdennis436@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 11:35:55 EST

Hello,
I am new to this list, and have caused myself some problems with my Dakota,
inadvertently of course......

The truck is a 95 regular cab, inline 4cyl with the 5 speed tranny.
After buying the truck one week ago, I decided some routine maintenence was
in order, so I changed the oil, filters, plugs, etc....
After changing the timing belt (runs between the cam and crank) I can no
longer get the truck to start. I have checked everything I can think of,
plugs are firing, etc.. and I do not believe either the cam or crank was
moved in the process, so I am at a loss, If I have bumped either of these,
I can get TDC on the crank, but am unsure as to how to find TDC on the cam.
Thanks
Andrew Dennis