Re: Question for the Powerdyne Guys

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 15:53:42 EST

I don't disagree with you on the Paxton/Vortech vs. Powerdyne (I wanted a
Paxton initially anyways) but the Powerdyne's do stand up to "the test".

My question on your bearing failure is this: How tight are you setting the
belt? I've seen posts on the R/T list about using a hammer to tighten the belt
and this is just plain stupid. That's going to cause a bearing failure in a
short period of time (not only on the Blower).

I've already recommended to Nick at Powerdyne that they switch to the Goodyear
Gatorback Belts since they don't slip and require much less tension to prevent
slipping. (He agreed)

The bearing are a ceramic sealed type and I don't see how you're going to be
able to "upgrade" them without adding a lubrication system to the blower (which
wouldn't be a bad idea but not a Vortech system).

I'll run it by Nick and see what he says...

- Bernd