Re: RE: Re: MAP Info

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 16:23:46 EST

At 10:53 AM 11/16/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Everyone that is trying to fool the system, so to speak, is talking about a
>"performance modification". Based on that, I would have to guess that in
>most cases they don't care about closed loop numbers, other than to maintain
>a consistent idle. The rest of the time they're trying to see if their foot
>can fit in the crankcase. Does that mean that people running HP PCM's
>already have the tables updated, though, there is no adjustment available?

WOT (open loop) tables and closed loop calibrations have been adjusted.

>Would adjustments to an HP PCM be helpful as in the VEC 1?

$64,000 U.S. question, Ron. The only input that I can give is what I was
told by R. Zimmer, the OBD-II s/w guru of our MP PCMs. After supplying
him with my mods, dyno and recorded scanner figures and answering a few
of his questions, he said that he could reprogram the '96 MP PCM to a minimal
extent so that I would be satisfied with how the engine ran but that the
performance
improvement (which he could not estimate) would NOT be worth the $500 U.S.
plus
shipping for having it done.

Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95