RE: Viper/Dakota Map Modifier

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 16:59:38 EST

14.7:1 is not a "Pinging" range...from what i've seen on a Dyno with the A/F
Meter hooked up (on three Dakota's) we are hitting 15.5-15.7:1 in some
cases...that in conjunction with the 40+ degrees of timing in before 3000rpm is
a major factor in the pinging problem.

Ideal for performance is 12.3-12.6:1 (12.5:1 being the norm for "Best
Performance".)

- Bernd