Re: Tach problems Attn: Bob Tom

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 19:47:14 EST

So now I've learnt something else about my truck! It has a CTM (Central
Timer Module). Which far end are you talking about, far end towards cab or
far end towards grille,and just exactly what does this thing look like, on
the fire wall or fender? I have a 97, 318 Dak.

Thanks

Jay,

Castlegar, BC, Canada

>The rpm input signal in the '97+ Daks come from the coil to the PCM, then
the
>PCM sends, amongst other signals, an 'rpm' signal to the Central Timer
Module
>(located at the far end of the passenger-side dash) which, in turns, sends
>signal to the dash instrument panel.
>
>The rpm signal in pre-97 Daks go directly from the coil to the dash
instrument
>panel. That's the reason why the dash gauges don't function when a '96 MP
PCM