Re: Tach problems Attn: Bob Tom

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 22:17:36 EST

At 04:47 PM 11/16/00 -0800, you wrote:
>So now I've learnt something else about my truck! It has a CTM (Central
>Timer Module). Which far end are you talking about, far end towards cab or
>far end towards grille,and just exactly what does this thing look like, on
>the fire wall or fender? I have a 97, 318 Dak.

It's located in the end of the dash on the passenger side behind or beside
the glove box. I have not looked at it but it probably looks like a small
black box with a wiring harness going into (from the PCM) and coming out of
it (to the dash instrument pod). You would have to remove the glove box to
get to it.

I tend to think the computer controlled system as a local area network
with the PCM as a server and the CTM as a client. In the '00+ 4.7L Daks,
the TCM (transmission control module) would be another client in the
network.

Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95