How do I pull codes?

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 23:25:36 EST

Hey everybody,

How do I check the computer codes on a 93 V6? Haynes says to turn the ignition
ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within 5 secs, and then the check engine light flashes,
followed by any stored codes. I did this and the check engine light was the
only thing that lit up. It blinked for a while. Am I supposed to decipher its
code or what?

I'm still trying to fix my bad mileage (10 mpg- I used to get 21). I pulled my
O2 sensor this afternon. I cleaned it up with a wire brush, but it didn't seem
that dirty in the first place. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow, so I'll try to
check the vacuum lines.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out on this one.

Mike S.
93 V6 5-speed CC
Perma Cool 16" electric fan, Dynomax catback exhaust

Download Now http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
Request a CDROM 1-800-333-3633