Dakota/Viper dual pot -Tim Berry

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 00:14:15 EST

Tim,
    Like the autospeed.com page shows and kinda says. the dual pots are used
one for harsher tuning and one for finer tuning. Then it also states that
"once you get the low load adjusted correctly, the high load should be off"
I'm gonna think of this as a math problem.

The loads can't be altered linearly (a straight "/" line) but it needs to
be more of a quadratic equation where it is more of a "U" shape for the
adjustment values. maybe we just need to find what the best values for the
high loads are, mid loads, and low loads then plot the "best fit line" Wow.
and they said I won't use algebra in real life. hehe

How would we do a thing like that? I believe most electronic resistor
changing devices would only work linearly, and that the only way for it to
completely have the correct settings is for the correct fuel/air/timing
charts and tables to be altered in the computer for maximum performance.
Maybe the dual pot building for 13 bucks can be a cheap mod (like the 180
degree thermostat) or something...
Darn, that phrase "you get what you pay for" will never sink into my head...
-Dester

PS. don't you have a supercharged R/T? I wonder what would happen on a
normally aspirated dakota.... Also, did you place check valves in your
vacuum line like bernd to better control map readings under boost?