RE: Sand Bags

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 08:33:09 EST

Matt,
Something you may want to think about. Do you have a yard? I always buy
fertilizer instead of sand, and wrap them in several good layers of plastic
to keep them dry. Then in the spring I spread it on my yard. This way I
don't have to find a place to store them, or worry about keeping them clean
or getting torn open, and also saves me a trip to the local co-op. I
personally perfer around 400lbs over the axle. (I don't get stuck in
anything!) Oh yes, this much fertilizer takes care of my early spring and
early summer feedings.
Rich - Ashburn, VA
PS. Yes, if you don't have a cover for your bed, make a frame to ssecure
them. A couple hundred pound frozen block is something you don't want
sloshing around in the bed. Trust me!!!