Re: Sand Bags/Shovel

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 09:05:48 EST

I went one step bigger than the little folding spade shovels the last 2
winters. I shoveled my driveway with one of those curved blade "pushers",
then just threw it in the bed. it buried easily enough in the snow, so
nobody saw it, but was right there when I needed it. Which was usually
when I got back to the train station after work to find that they'd plowed
the lot and there was a 3ft high wall of snow in front of (or worse,
behind) my truck.

As for sand bags, used them 4 winters ago, haven't bothered since. Ya
just get used to driving sideways and kicking the rear out around
corners. You can actually get around pretty well and safely once you're
familiar with the way it behaves. And it's a lot of fun too :-) I love
driving my truck in the winter. Especially when I drive past SUVs and AWD
minivans in the ditches (how do you spin any minivan, let alone an AWD
one, off the road?) in my RWD v8 stickshift pickup with 255 tires and no
weight over the axle. :-)

Rant over. Flames lovingly accepted (it's getting cold here)

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
F&B Stage I TB, Keystone/Proglass Ram Air Hood, 14x3" K&N, Sir Michael's
Roll Pan, Custom monochrome paint

If ignorance is bliss, liberals must be the happiest people on earth