At my wits end... HELP!!!!

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 12:30:06 EST

Ok, I am at my wits end with my friends 97 Dakota. We thought the coil was
the culprit but after replacing it, we thought it was fixed, but it wasn't.
We are still getting hard starts and the occasional die on the road. The
same code 43 is popping up again. "Peak primary circuit current not achieved
with maximum dwell time." He has a Jet stage II chip, a MSD 6A, Autolite
3923's. We thought maybe the jet was going out, so we took it off, no
change. We can reset the comp and it will do better for about 3 cranking
cycles and then screw up. Any ideas? TIA

Will
96 Paxton huffed 408 Dakota
Look out Lightnings! Here comes a MOPAR!!!