Re: Top Dead Center?

From: Tom (Kaboinga@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 21:59:10 EST

I just reread my posts and if somone didnt know exactly what I was talking about -
I would have confused the hell out of them... Ineed to proof read before I hit
send!

Tom wrote:

> If it is pointing inthe opposite direction - the piston is TDC on the
> exhaust stroke (normally you would want it on the compression stroke) If it is
> on the compression stroke - turn the crank shaft a full 360 degrees (a full
> rotation) and that will bring the rotor tip around and pointing at the mark on
> the dist. body

> That should read "if it is on the exhaust stroke - turn the crank shaft..."

If you are going to pull the timing chain and
sprockets - I would set TDC for number one. I'm sure why you were recommended
to set it at TDC for number 4. But basically yes - you are turning the
crankshaft untill the line mark is at zero (with the rotor tip pointing at the
one piston mark)

That should read "I'm not sure why you would..."

--

huked oyn foniks neva deed ay daymed theng fur mey....

Tom http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine 1989,V6,Auto,8 footer