option for sand in the bed

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 23:20:08 EST

When I used to make mid-December trips to Colorado (hunting of course) and I
took the Dakota, I would take a few large garbage bags (lawn and garden
35gallon are awesome) and lay them in the back of bed where I would want the
weight. I would then go buy a few 80 lb bags of quick crete and place them
in the bed bag and all. I would settle and pack the cement down to take the
shape of the bed floor. I would then soak the bags with as much water as I
could and let them harden for a day or so. I would then take the garbage
bags out from under them and I would have 80 lbs of weight that was formed to
the shape of the bed that didn't bounce around or slide around in the bed of
my truck. I could even get a couple of years out of them before they needed
to be replaced.

Will
96 Paxton huffed 408 Dakota
Look out Lightnings! Here comes a MOPAR!!!