FW: neon Re: *Sigh*. The Germans Marcheth

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 13:02:22 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-neon@iastate.edu [mailto:owner-neon@iastate.edu]On Behalf Of
Tom Byrne
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2000 10:03 AM
To: neon@iastate.edu
Subject: Re: neon Re: *Sigh*. The Germans Marcheth

Here is what we get from our analysts on Wall Street. These guys have moles
every where. Schrempps goal from the beginning was to ditch Plymouth and
Dodge. Chrysler would be the passenger car line and Jeep would have the
SUV's Most of the engineering would be Daimler. It is widely knownm on the
street that Schrempp wants out of the sporty compact models. He wants entry
practical cars luxury car vans and trucks. He also wants parts sharing with
Daimelr products ie Daimler engines etc. Chrysler is dead and doesn't know
it yet. With all due respect to the engineers and employees on this list,
you may not realize what is happening under your nose. Look at Xerox. Us on
Wall street knew they were going down. For years the employees (mgmt
included) said now way. Now the bonds trade .50 cents on the dollar (this
usually means impending bankruptcy) the rating agencies are expecting them
to go below investment grade and the employees are still saying its not that
bad. Chrysler is slowly going to be phased into Daimler. The boring product
line is Schremmps fault. Before 98 Chrysler was on the right track. Daimler
comes in and in some opinions makes the line boring by phasing out or
cancelling certain models/options or by standing by and letting it happen.
Schrempp has said in the past that he does not like the Viper, which is a
Chrysler not Dodge in Europe