Shaved my wheel the other day

From: AlexReed (alexreed@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 22:30:06 EST

Well, the rain did me and Toronado(my '99 Dak) in. I was taking a corner
and hydroplaned into a curb. I released the brake, and even tried to
accel. but to no avail. I hit the curb with the drivers front wheel. It
hit hard, very hard. I was only doing 15 mph or so. I stopped and looked
at the wheel, the outer flange or bead was actually peeled back about a
foot or so a long shaving was left hang from the wheel. The tire did not
bust or anything, just some nasty marks on it. I than went to the tire
shop and had them put the spare wheel upfront with the same Pirelli tire
and put the bad wheel and the stock Goodyear in the bed.

Anyone in Georgia have a rim they could sell me? I have a the upgrade
allum. rim that came with the handling pkg. in '99. It is a 15x8 in
size. Any suggestions, besides dont drive in the rain. Hehe

Alex and Toronado