Re: Fuel Gauge Was-Re: getting ready to buy

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 23:25:06 EST

<<
Shawn,
Did you get the fuel gauge fixed? If you did, what is the fix? The gauge in
my 92
moves around alot. I go around a corner one way and it pegs full, go the other
way and it pegs empty with about a half a tank. The low fuel light comes on at
about 17 gal of a 22 gal used.

Doug Fedeli

The Fix is to replace the sending unit,but if your going to drop the tank you
might as well put the whole fuel pump sending unit in. My low fuel came on at
about 5 gallons
so I never worried about running out ,I just went by milage around town on
the highway when I got nervous I just stopped and filled again.

Shawn