oil on cylinder walls, suggestions needed

From: Chris Hannon (cannon@kansas.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 01:47:27 EST

I have the cylinder heads off the 360 so I can see the pistons. When I
rotate the engine, there's a little bit, not much, of oil that gets left
behind on the cylinder walls. Is this to be expected? I was wondering if
I should replace the pistons along with new rings. Suggestions?

There doesn't seem to be any wear on the cylinder walls. When I run my
fingernail up them they are smooth. You can also see the crosshatching
(factory marks?). Not bad for an engine with 80,000 miles.

If anybody's wondering. The truck is running fine. It turns out that
while I was crawling around on top of the engine trying to get to the
bolts that attach the tranny I managed to undo an injector. Dohhh!
With a new clutch (had to replace the old one) I can do sweet burnouts
again!

Thanks,
Chris Hannon
95 Dak Sport w/somewhere around 239 (hehehe!) engine
truck will be 360ized in the future