Re: APP3923 plugs +Cold Weather=Bade Mileage????Help

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 21:10:56 EST

At 05:25 PM 11/19/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I installed the double platinum 3923s in October and
>just got some really bad mileage - The only variable
>is the temperature. Below is the info. Is it
>possible that the app3923s cause the engine to run too
>cold causing the engin to use more gas? <snip>

No. It is most likely the colder weather. I just
finished reading an article on gas and cold weather.
Main point was that it's possible to lose up to 50%
fuel mileage if driving habits are not changed to
compensate for colder weather.

I went to the track a couple of weeks ago where temp.
was below 50F. 6 runs cost me 1/4 tank of gas. In
weather of 60-80F, 6 runs would normally be about
1/8 tank. My WOT mixture is extremely rich.

One of the more effective things that you can do is to
plug in the block heater a couple of hours before you
leave in the morning.

Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95