Re: RE: 5spd tranny fluid change

From: Jack Brown (jbrown@oz.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 21:55:22 EST

> From: "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net>
> Subject: RE: DML: RE: 5spd tranny fluid change
>
> You can use whatever is approved for use in your transmission. This does
> NOT mean "Mopar Only" fluid. They don't have the market on this and never
> will. Read the label on the bottle(s).
>
> 42/44RE Transmissions (Automatic): ATF+ (Type 7176) - Do NOT use Dexron-II
> NV231 Transfer Case: ATF+ or Mopar Dexron-II
> AX15 (Manual Trans): 75W-90 (API Grade GL-5)
> NV3500 (Manual Trans): Mopar Manual Transmission Fluid (It's the only one
> recommended "No other lubricants are acceptable or recommended" -
> Yeah...right)

Thanks. Of course, the transmission I will be concerned with is the NV3500.
(New Dakota on the way.) Which is about the normal run of my luck. :)

Anyone out there have experience, good or bad, with using non-Mopar fluid in
the NV3500? Would using something else impact the warranty? And could
anyone tell?

Gee, guess I'm full of questions tonight. Full of something at any rate. :)

--
jbrown@oz.net - www.oz.net/~jbrown
'93 Sport, 4x2, 3.9, 5spd, bluea