cold weather ping

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 22:04:23 EST

The only time I have to switch to 89 octane is in weather below 50 degrees to
prevent pinging. this makes no sense to me because my truck runs colder even
after driving for hours. I have the 3923 plugs but stock thermostat. My
truck does not ping much, just barely and then only sometimes under full
throttle in the summer at 100+ degrees but in the winter it will ping at 3/4
throttle especially at higher rpm. Any ideas? 99 R/T with 3923 plugs and
mopar headers and stock but dealer reflashed computer.
Jim in Waco.