Re: RE: 5spd tranny fluid change

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 10:37:18 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> wrote in article
<GGEILDJAAAEBOABJIJLLCEFBEEAA.bernd@texas.net>...

> If he's using the age-old slang-term in the correct way, that would be
the
> old 2-Speed Automatic from GM. They've had the "Slushbox" name for
years.

> - Bernd

I believe it was better known as the Slip & Slide Powerguide (at least in
the Chevy line) that first appeared in the 1950 Chevy. My parents had a 50
Chevy Bel-Air Coupe which became mine at 16. I went out and bought a 49
Chevy with 3 speed, and a hole in the block, for $50. Proceeded to put the
manual in the 50 Chevy. Damn, those where the days. No electonics to worry
about. Strickly a mechanical swap.

Enough of this trip down memory lane, my age is showing.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA