Re: APP3923 plugs +Cold Weather=Bade Mileage????Help

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 10:35:53 EST

Thanks for the info. It seems that you really can't
win. If it is too hot the mileage and power is off.
If it is too cold the mileage is off but the power is
good.

> No. It is most likely the colder weather. I just
> finished reading an article on gas and cold weather.
> Main point was that it's possible to lose up to 50%
> fuel mileage if driving habits are not changed to
> compensate for colder weather.
>
> I went to the track a couple of weeks ago where
> temp.
> was below 50F. 6 runs cost me 1/4 tank of gas. In
> weather of 60-80F, 6 runs would normally be about
> 1/8 tank. My WOT mixture is extremely rich.
>
> One of the more effective things that you can do is
> plug in the block heater a couple of hours before
> you
> leave in the morning.
>

> Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
> '97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
> Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
> PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia