Re: RE: Fuel Pressure Gauge

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 14:06:14 EST

At 05:03 PM 11/20/00 GMT, you wrote:
>When you say you tested the sender unit manually I assume you have
>a hand held FP gauge, which you plumbed into it to test?

Yes, I got a psi reading with a hand held. Dave rigged it up so that
everything can be reversed and put back to the stock hookup. He needed
a fitting to connect to where the braided fuel hose connected to rail,
connected a compression T to this fitting, and then sender and fuel
hose to the T.

>Or did you mean you tested it electronically? I think you said it was an
>electronic gauge?

Yes, the gauge is electrical.

>If you haven't already, I would try testing the outputs
>of the electronic sender unit with a multimeter, just to be sure a signal
>is actually getting out of the sender. If that seems OK, test again, where
>the wires go into the gauge (to make sure the wires are OK). If that's OK,
>I'd say you're probably looking at having them send you another gauge.
>(Or is it used?)

As soon as it gets a little warmer, Dave is going to recheck everything.
He did do a comprehensive check before and is leaning towards a faulty
sending unit. It was bought secondhand but never used quite awhile ago.

>If you're planning to come down with Jason, maybe we
>could run some tests on it or something. (Maybe power it with a benchtop
>power supply, and test it with a regulated supply of compressed air?)
> (PS: No Challenger parts yet...)

Thanks. Still trying to get some definitive word from them.

Bob