Re: RE: Fuel Pressure Gauge

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 18:18:01 EST

In a message dated 11/20/00 9:10:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< Subj: Re: DML: RE: Fuel Pressure Gauge
 Date: 11/20/00 9:10:06 AM Pacific Standard Time
 From: jon@dakota-truck.net (Jon Steiger)
 Sender: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
 To: dakota-truck-moderator@twisted.twistedbits.net

>Daksters that have installed a FP gauge:
>
>I finally got my FP gauge installed (had a tough time because
>the '97 does not have a pressure relief valve, and had to
>find fittings for a clean rig).
>
>Problem: everything seems to work except that the gauge
>doesn't show pressure. Backlight is aok. Power off and
>needle sits at highest pressure marker = aok. Power on
>and needle jumps to 0 = aok. Start engine and zip, needle
>does not move off 0. I've tested the sender unit manually
>with a hand held gauge and it shows 42 psi.
>
>Any suggestions, opinions, guesses??? >>

 If your using a sender unit,I assume you filled the line to the sender with
enough fluid. Try and get all the air out. Jon, I've had terrible luck with
those sender units. I finally, deposited mine in the garbage and went
straight fuel to the cowl. It's more accurate too. I just never was satisfied
with the varying readings I got from it. There's not much to screw up on
these things. It probably is the sender.
Tom(11s dak)