Re: Exhaust Exhaustion...

From: Crawdaddy (black98dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 18:20:33 EST

when I had my 90 dak with the 3.9, I put a 3 chamber flowmaster on behind
the cat with a "y" going out to each corner. Couldn't even hear it! So,
about 2 weeks later, I had it cut off and had them put a piece of pipe in
it's place.. so, in effect, I had a cat with a "y" behind it. Still wasn't
loud. That truck had a converter on it bigger than the muffler! The Y with
no muffler wasn't loud, didn't sound ricey , and gave it a somewhat deep
tone, but not much. Seemed to me, that no matter what you did, it was still
quiet. Maybe replace that converter with a hi flow then go with a 2 chamber
flowmaster (my personal favorite ) of just go catless... that ALWAYS makes
it better =]

IMHO

         http://www.geocities.com/gwgaskin
                  ICQ UIN# 2325710
                   New Orleans, La
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/GgYMEmNMV9Dtw/profile.htm
  see above profile for more info on my Dak =]