All's Well ---So Far

From: Ken Hoffman (kenh@photocenterimaging.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 22:55:23 EST

Well, I guess I'll make a little State of the Daks schpeel here since I
have a little time on my hands here at work.

I finally got around to changing out the shocks on my wife's "00 QC and
boy what a difference. I've been dying to do this for sooooo long. I used
Rancho 5000s up front and the adjustable 9000s on the rear. In my
opinion the 5000s are still a little soft --but a hell of an improvement
over the stock ones. The 9000s are fantastic because of both their
adjustability and the fact that they are valved differently for both
compression and rebound. You get a firm, yet controlled ride -- not just
a stiffer one. SHE loves the difference. Oh ya she loves me too because
I'm not gonna be pestering her all the time now to change 'em.

My 99 CC is now happily rolling around on the fabtech kit and the
respective shocks. Waaaaaay more controlled ride now as my stock fronts
weren't worth a damn either. Its a little on the stiff side for me up
front -- even w/ the fronts at the softest setting, but I'll see how the
front end settles in after a few hundred miles. I may just put the stock
rubber upper shock bushings back in place of the fabtech poly ones. I
know Bernd likes the ProComps better than the Fabtech rear shocks -- How
are they different? Maybe I'll replace the front 5000s on my wifes with
the ProComp 9000s.
The 4.10s went in the rear on Fri, so my torque is back to reality now.
This mod gives me an effective 3.83 rear end --I started with a factory
3.55. I still need to have the dealer recalibrate the speedo though
---this may be the most difficult mod I EVER have made to the truck ; )
Sooooooo at 40k I'm a happy Daker------So Far.

Until next time,
Ken H

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line"