cold weather tranny woes....

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 03:41:46 EST

well now that it has gotten cold here in michigan. of course my truck
doesn't like it... the problem i have is that when i first start the truck
and go the tranny doesn't like to shift properly. it will usually go into
2nd and then keep revving and not going into 3rd. usually i have to let off
the gas to let it shift into 3rd. after a few blocks the transmission gets
a bit warmer and starts to shift better. after a few minutes it shifts
totally fine. now my truck is a 94 V6 auto 2wd. it has just over 89000
miles now. i haven't changed the tranny fluid since i bought it with 34000
miles. so it was probably never changed. i know i should have done it
sooner, but i was going to maybe try that first. take it in somewhere and
get it flushed and stuff. my only worry is that i waited to long and that
my trans will then be screwed up big time. then i'll be getting a rebuild
for sure. i was planning that in the future anyways, but i would rather
wait til the summer. so what do you all think?? it would be great if it
just needs the tranny fluid changed... i've heard horror stories from other
people that changed there fluid with high mileage and screwed there trans
up... so any advice will help...
thanks...
mike k
94 V6, 2wd, auto, cc, msd6a, flowmaster, jba headers soon...