Improve gas mileage real cheap!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 21:06:56 EST

I found a real easy, cheap way to improve my gas mileage - get a tire
pressure gauge that reads 15 PSI low.

My brother wanted to see how my dial-type gauge worked, so he tried it
on mom's Buick. 16 PSI. Well, that doesn't sound right, maybe he's
using it wrong. Nope, he's got it right. Check with a stick-type and
the same tire is about 32-33 PSI (where it should be, pretty much).

On to the Dak. My gauge says 31 PSI on the right front (a little low,
but it's much cooler than when I last checked/inflated). Tried the
other gauge, and it reads 45 PSI.

So now I have to wonder how long it's been like this. I've had my tires
WAY overinflated for a while now. Here I thought I'd actually started
getting better mileage legitimately. And yes, I'm going to buy a new
gauge.