Re: RE: Re: Improve gas mileage real cheap!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 09:07:05 EST

> Wait! If you're going to wish for something for as much as $80 and you
want
> to know how much your tires are inflated, get a load of this. SmarTire
> Wireless Monitoring System, $219 from http://www.tirerack.com. You'll
know
> the pressure of your tires from initial cold start everyday to normal
> driving. This system monitors each tire every 30 seconds. The unit runs
on
> a lithium battery or you can connect to a 12-volt source. I think it's
> warranted for 50,000 miles. Merry Christmas.

I have read about this system in a 4WD magazine, and it does look cool, it
is just not practical for me nor for my Dak. $220 for a system which
monitors and tells me tire pressure, it is neat and all, just a toy I would
rather not have and save the cash. I wouldnt spend $80 either on the Currie
Enterprises tire gauge, as mine from K&D Slickrock was $45 and I doubt I
will ever need to buy another tire gauge again. Thanks for the info.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6