91 Dakota heater, noise questions

From: modifier@bigfoot.com
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 09:13:55 EST

I just bought a 91 Dodge Dakota, auto, 4WD, V8 with 108K miles.
I have a couple of questions about it, that I hope someone on this
list can help me with.

  1) While I'm driving with the heat on,  if I accelerate, while the
truck
       is accelerating,  the hot air stops coming out of the vents.  I
can
       still hear the blower running.  I'm guessing that the vacuum is
dropping
       so low that some air diverter door is closing.  Is this normal or
is my
       vacuum probably low for some reason?

  2) While the truck is moving I can hear a noise that sounds like an
exhaust leak
       or a loose spark plug leak.  But I can't find anything.  I don't
hear the noise
       when the truck is sitting still and I rev the engine,  Any ideas
?

 I like the truck so far. It's a big improvement over my 80 Chevy LUV,
4cyl,4spd,4WD.
Thanks for any help.