Re: Miggity- Airbags, 4 links, and towing.

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 19:13:47 EST

>>I have heard that the 4 link setup is not really good for the street,
something about side loading messing things up? ...... What I want to know,
is can I install
airbags, so I can lay frame, yet still be able to pull a trailer that weighs
as much as my truck? <<<

If you get strong enough bags, then towing is not an issue =) 4-links are
very strong if built properly, and side loading is not a problem if you put
a panhard bar on it. In a premag, you have to relocate the gas tank to the
bed to lay frame, the tank is a good 2" lower than the frame.

And anyone who's curious: If you lay frame in a Gen II/premag, the rims
won't tuck... you need a body drop for that (dammit). I saw a Dak lay frame
and it still didn't look all that low because of how much lower the frame is
than the body....
wait till my next project =)

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes
straight to the frame"