Miggity- Airbags, 4 links, and towing.

From: Andy Wittkamper (truckindak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 13:36:22 EST

I have heard that the 4 link setup is not really good for the street,
something about side loading messing things up? This was pertaining to
racing, so it could be different. What I want to know, is can I install
airbags, so I can lay frame, yet still be able to pull a trailer that weighs
as much as my truck? I know the bags actually add weight capacity, but how
does one build the rest of the rear suspension to handle the weight and the
other forces associated with towing? Can you get all the way to the ground
with the stock springs still on in the back? Or would I be better off with
some sort of ladder bar and track bar (panhard bar), plus the bags?
Thanks.

Andy Wittkamper
http://www.members.tripod.com/TiptonFFA