Anyone ever do a V6 to V8 swap on a 4x4 automatic,esp.GenIII?

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 23:22:35 EST

I`ve been really curious about this.Will a V6 tranny bellhousing bolt
right up to a 318/360 engine? I know that my old Duster had a 318/904
setup,and since a 3.9 is so close to a 318,and a 42RE is basically a
revamped 904.......? Also,what kind of problems come into play when you
consider the 4-wheel drive? I know it may not be practical to do such a
swap,but if a person could find a wrecked V8 4x4 Dak,you would have
almost everything you need.This is just something that would be cool to
do when the truck has a few years on it.If Al Gore installs himself in
the White house,please disregard this post totally,as we will be up to
OBD-27 in about five years.And our trucks will have "farm use only"
spray painted on the side. Steve P.

99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
establishing a safe following distance