Re: Quad Cab Questions, 5 speed tranny fluid?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 21:16:15 EST

Jay, the stock mopar fluid is synthetic.I change mine every 2500 miles when
I do my oil change/service.It costs $16.50 per pint and it takes like 3.5 or
4 pints to do it(I think!).It is the only "approved or recommended" fluid
for the NV3500.Whatever fluid you use, be sure that it contains no
sulfur,because the synchros in the tranny will basically disentegrate in the
presence of sulfur(seen that happen too!) HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
1ST place Dakota-truck at 11th annual Houston Mopar show and race/National
DML meet!!