Jet Chip Update

From: Phil Batson (vrman@ogzr.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 15:28:55 EST

Just wanted to let everyone know how the chip worked out in my Dakota.
I have a 4.7 SLT, and before I put the chip in, it seemed a bit "sluggish"
when shifting gears. I have noticed a small increase in acceleration, but
where I really noticed a difference is in the way it shifts now. It is a lot
smoother, and seems to jump into the next gear rather than hesitating like
it did before.
I got some better mpg than I used to when I took it for a small road trip.
But the "city" miles seem to be about the same.
Overall, I'm very happy with it. I think that was about the only thing I
wasn't too happy about with my Dak. (the shifting) If Mopar comes out with
one for the 4.7L down the road, I might just try it.