Re: Re: Observations on spark plugs for the 4.7

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 19:25:36 EST

I used the Bosch Platinum +4 plugs. If you have ping these will make it
worse if you don't have ping it will give you ping. I took mine back to
Checker with 100 miles on them. I then got the Champion Truck Plugs, they
were ok but after about 1000 miles the ping was back and stronger than ever.
I have to team with the experts (Bernd and Co.) on this one and say stick
with the Autolite 3924. Best plug I have ever run in my truck. Through all
my mods (Performance PCM, MSD ignition, MSD coil, MSD wires, K&N Gen II) the
plugs have worked well. They are cheap too, got mine for .89 each and have
a .30 mail in rebate per plug. (going to pick up a spare set).