Re: RE: In the city...OD or no OD,That is the question!!

From: Jamy (jamyk@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 19:32:00 EST

ok.. a concept.. these vehicles are built under the concept that indicators
illuminated on the dash are an abnormal condition.. so if your OD off light
is on this is abnormal... Read your owners manual, theses transmissions are
designed to have OD on all the time, unless your are towing heavy items.

Many new vehicles are designed like that, they effectively make the gear
ranges smaller. A friend of my wife drove her new car with the same
philosophy as Will and had to have the transmission replaced after 3 months.

Something to think about.

Jamy