Re: Quad Cab Questions (Jeff Durling)

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 20:38:56 EST

So far I like it alot. I've only got a little over 900 miles on it now
but it is starting to loosen up. Next week i'm going to do the first oil
change at 1k even though my manual says wait until 3k. I have been very
careful not to get any scratches on the truck anywhere. This includes
the bed except for a real tiny one. I won't worry as much as soon as my
wheel flares and splash guards show up at the dealer. I should have my
bedrug and roll-n-lock here so I can put it in no later than next week.
Looks like I will also have a power tailgate lock so I can wire it in
with the door locks. I also order the factory full face bra for it to
use when i go on trips to keep the majority of the bugs off. I will be
ordering the security system shortly since it's not much more than
aftermarket. I only want it for the starter disable and the blinking
security light on the dash. I have gotten real spoiled with the room
compared to my '96 RC and the power goodies. I especially like the
bucket seats and the huge console (they made this thing huge compared to
the one in the '97-'00 interiors). The only thing I really can't get
along with is the damn shocks. Floats like a caddillac, has horrible
rebound in the rear over large bumps, and just acts funny. There gone
real soon. I think i'm going to wait a little while before I stick on
the r/t wheels and wear out the Goodyear's that came with it. The only
other thing i'm going to get soon is the factory spare tire lock. I just
like the way it's designed. I have a cable lock now but will switch
soon. Hope everything works out for you on getting the new truck. If you
can go for it I really recommend the new interior either with the
buckets or the bench. I just think it looks a little more refined and
less cheap looking.

Jeff Durling
'01 4x2 QC SLT+