RE: RE: In the city...OD or no OD,That is the question!!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 00:48:02 EST

I disagree. I drive with my cruise on all the time and when I get on the
highway I set the speed (unless its bumper to bumper). My O/D is off in the
city. This is despite the fact I have 3.92 gears. I talked to my mechanic
and he said it's personal preference. You want to waste gas when going high
speeds, then turn O/D off. The only recommendation he had was to turn O/D
off when towing heavy, heavy loads and/or doing steep grades.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile