Redline response on 5 spd. lube

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 20:06:11 EST

    I asked the following and here is their response>
Sirs:
> I need to know what MTL you recommend for a 2001 Dodge Dakota
>(NV-3500) manual 5 speed tranmission? Chrysler recommends "only" their
>transmission lube because of the reactive sulphur found in other brands of
>synthetic lubes. I want to go with Redline only if it is sulphur free and I
>won't have to fight them in case of warranty work due to it not containing
>their lubricant.
> Also, what do you recommend for the Limited Slip differential?
> Thank you, W. G. CONNELL

    I would recommend the MTL in the NV3500 transmission. It is a GL-4 gear
lube, it doesn't contain any reactive sulphur. GL-5 gear lubes contain
reactive sulphur that can be corrosive to brass and bronze, they are used
in both petroleum as well as synthetic lubes. The amounts vary with
manufacturers, the Red Line GL-5 lubes don't use the concentration others
do and are not corrosive and don't cause pitting of the surface. The GL-4
gear lubes contain a non-reactive sulphur EP additive.

In the limited slip differential I would recommend the 75W90.

Thank you for your interest in Red Line Oil.

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, 5spd. 3.55 LSD
K-N + Cool-Air, Quick-D TB, 10w-30 MOBIL 1, 180 T'STAT, SilBlades
GIBSON 3" Single Side-Swept cat-back G-TECH, <A
HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>