RE: FW: Stall condition? - Blower Fix for MAP Signals

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:30:27 EST

Clean out your IAC, check the O2 sensors, and hang in there Casey...i've got
that problem under control as well.

If you want a hint...some "Logic Gates", resistors, a few Pots, a Diode, an
OpAmp, a few caps, and a few other items have the idle, mid, and WOT lean
problem solved and working. My "Little Black Box" works, it's fully
adjustable for mid and top end, and costs about $25 (that's if you build it
yourself and don't seal it in Epoxy resin.) I'm in the process of
finalizing all of the adjustments (3 pots to adjust) and then will be
running it through some more tests. It's very promising and works like a
charm...even under 9# boost - No Pinging and No Retard box anymore. It
prevents the computer from "learning" the super lean curves that the MAP
sensor is reading. Yup, the MAP shows 30.8" of vacuum under even mild boost
and causes a lean condition. (I've got proof of this as well from two
scanners and a dyno run.)

"If you can't beat the computer, think like it and the problem is easy to
solve."

- Bernd