Re: RE: FW: Stall condition? - Blower Fix for MAP Signals

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:59:32 EST

In a message dated 11/28/00 6:36:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<<
 If you want a hint...some "Logic Gates", resistors, a few Pots, a Diode, an
 OpAmp, a few caps, and a few other items have the idle, mid, and WOT lean
 problem solved and working. My "Little Black Box" works, it's fully
 adjustable for mid and top end, and costs about $25 (that's if you build it
 yourself and don't seal it in Epoxy resin.) I'm in the process of
 finalizing all of the adjustments (3 pots to adjust) and then will be
 running it through some more tests. It's very promising and works like a
 charm...even under 9# boost - No Pinging and No Retard box anymore. It
 prevents the computer from "learning" the super lean curves that the MAP
 sensor is reading. Yup, the MAP shows 30.8" of vacuum under even mild boost
 and causes a lean condition. (I've got proof of this as well from two
 scanners and a dyno run.)

 "If you can't beat the computer, think like it and the problem is easy to
 solve."

 Hey Bernd,
 I'm very interested in your contraption. I run 30lb inj. in my NA 360 and am
still having lean out problems as evidence by the wideband on a dynojet I go
to. I can manipulate fuel press,however, I don't really want to increase it
too much due to volume issues at high pressures;esp when I hit the N2O. i'd
like to try and manipulate pulse width via IAT mods,etc. to try and keep my
fuel pressure at sane levels. I assume your mod will work on NA applications?
Can I get the low down on it?
Thanks,
Tom(11s dak)